I have more than 20 years of practical experience and hands-on knowledge on information management and control. Click left on the different domains to find out more.
I am a hands-on expert in the following core knowledge domains :
* IT Audit & Compliance
* IT Risk Management
* Information Security Management
* Business Continuity & IT Disaster Recovery
* Privacy & Data Protection
* IT Outsourcing & Cloud Computing Management
In the past 20 years of professional working experiences I have acquired following skills:
- Performing operational, system and process audits of business units and outsourced operations in order to define clear observations and suggestions for improvement.
- Responsible for generating overall internal control of operations.
- Able to interact with management at all levels and with the board of directors.
- Build, coach and manage an effective team
- Strong knowledge of audit, security, risk and IT governance techniques.
- Responsible for planning, executing and completing audit fieldwork according to established schedule, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies and the preparation of audit reports as well as documenting controls.
- (Assisting in) building policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Able to use standards and frameworks to come to practical solutions.
- Able to conduct annual risk assessment, deliver annual audit plan etc.
- Using objectives and procedures to review and assess the adequacy and application of internal controls through operations.
- Developing a thorough understanding and knowledge base of operations
- Establishing effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- Embracing compliance principles as a key component of audit process
- Maintaining a knowledge base of audit industry practices.
- Executing an efficient and effective audit approach as defined by executive management and ensure that all assigned work is completed according to schedule and within the establish budget parameters.
- Documenting and actively participating in the development of audit procedures performed as well as the preparation of noted concerns for audit report inclusion
- Assisting people in getting certified in the ISACA CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC credentials.
- ISACA COBIT / VAL IT / RISK IT expert
- IIA GTAG audit expert
- Experienced in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer aided audit tools (ACL, spreadsheets)
- Performing assigned audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).