I have always taken and still make a priority to educate myself through following formal trainings, obtaining certifications and by self-learning.
I have successfully obtained following degrees:
- Masters Degree in Applied Economics with orientation ICT, Universitaire Faculteiten Sint-Ignatius Antwerpen (UA), Antwerp, 1985 - 1989
- Masters Degree in Information Management, University Hasselt (UHasselt), Diepenbeek, 1989-1990
Doctorandus Degree in Applied Economics & IT Management, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KUL), Leuven, 1990-1991.
Certifications are only proof of knowledge, an entry ticket of some sort, but at the same time they show commitment, investment and passion for the topics upon which the certification is based. I have successfully passed the exams and is still in good standing for the following certifications (in order of achievement):
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) via ISACA since 1997
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) via ISACA since 2004
- Manager’s Certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL SM) via BCS since 2005
- Certified Security Advisor via Federal Public Service of Interior since 2005
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) via ISC2 since 2006
- Prince2 Foundation since 2009
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), ISACA (2010)
- Certification Board Effectiveness, Guberna (2011)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), ISACA (2012)
- Certification Director Effectiveness, Guberna (2012)
I have successfully followed a professional media training via Creative Strategies in 2008 with as trainer Mr. Johan Op de Beeck.
I am very regularly invited as keynote speaker and panel moderator on topics for ISACA International conferences, ISACA Belgium Chapter, as well as for academic trainings at the Antwerp Management School (AMS), Solvay Brussels School for Economics and Management (SBS), Vlerick Leuven Ghent Management School, SAI, IIA and in-house trainings at international and national organisations.